The Operation Fire Safety team wish you and your family and friends a happy and safe 4th of July weekend! Here are some fire safety tips to help you prevent fires and stay safe while you are grilling this weekend:
- Grills should never be used indoors or on fire escapes.
- Gas grills cannot be used on balconies above the first floor unless there is an exterior stairway to the ground.
- Grills should be placed at least 10 feet away from a house, overhangs or deck railings.
- Children and pets should remain at least 3 feet away from grilling areas.
- Never leave your burning grill unattended.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup.
- If you smell gas while cooking, immediately get away from the grill and call the fire department, but do not move the grill.
- If the flame goes out, turn the gas off and wait 15 minutes before relighting the grill.
- Never use gasoline on any grill.
If you do have a fire related accident that damages your home, it is covered by your insurance policy. Many homeowners suffer damage to their siding, decks, patios and kitchens from cooking over the holiday weekend. This type of damage is covered by your insurance policy. If you suffer any property damage, call ACI Adjustment Group, Pennsylvania & New Jersey’s #1 Public Adjusting firm!
You must be logged in to post a comment.